Monday, April 19, 2010

IMHO

So I took this Narcissism Quiz today (which I found through this post).

After answering the questions, I got this result:


Now, considering the 'normal' threshold starts at 12, I am kind of surprised at how low my score is. I'm glad I'm not super narcissistic, but I'm not sure what the alternative is. Does this mean I'm humble? Or have low self-esteem?

Now, of course, this quiz is not perfect (though I think it is at least one step up from a Facebook quiz... but maybe not). Also, these results are based on my answers and therefore subject to a lot of my own personal biases. But still, It's got to indicate something. I'm not sure what to make of it.

What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you can be a little self-deprecating, but I also think the quiz is stupid. For the record, I got a 15.

Strawboat said...

Well...I don't like this test cause often I could answer yes to either A or B. D: But I also got an 18 so it's made me self-conscious as well. Maybe I, like you, biased the answers a bit. :)

Mean Mommy said...

Bwahaha! 15 for me! I blame this on being an oldest child though. Check my authority score:

Authority: 8.00
Self-Sufficiency: 3.00
Superiority: 3.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 0.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 1.00

Could be you're a humble person. Could be you're *proud* of your humilty. On the one hand, the quiz is skewed because you can tell what answer will give you which result. On the other hand, that may be telling, since a narcissist may *want* to score high. But then you have the abnormally low scores of those who *want* to be humble (or whatever the opposite is). I suspect it mainly reflects how you want to be seen.