Thursday, April 08, 2010

Conversations Among Sisters.

So I'm thinking about trying to possibly get around to maybe looking for a job now that I'm officially settled in. As part of this, I've been working on my résumé.

Yesterday I asked my eldest sister, Mean Mommy, to look over portions of it and give me some advice. Apparently she and Martin were chatting at the same time because...

Martin: Why are you having [Mean Mommy] help with your résumé?
What, my expertise isn't good enough for you?
Me: Nope.
What kind of jobs have you ever gotten with your résumé?
She was clearly the better choice here
Martin: What?
I have a job!
She didn't need her resume for having kids!
Me: :)

I continued my chat with Mean Mommy in the other window...

Me: Martin says having kids isn't a job
And requires no skill
Mean Mommy: :|
Me: I know! I'm so glad I didn't ask her to help.
Mean Mommy: Yeah. She has a crappy 'government' job. Who wants that?

I can only imagine the conversation held between them after that, but soon enough...
Martin: Tattling on me?
Me: I thought [Mean Mommy] should know what you really think of her.
Martin: I just said she didn't need a resume.
Not that having kids wasn't a job.
Which it isn't.
me: !

Anyway. Apparently I like sewing seeds of discord.

And also posting private conversations without getting permission first.

Or asking forgiveness after, for that matter.

5 comments:

Martin said...

Yep. That's your role in our family. Causing trouble. Speaking of which, when are we planning that Hawaii trip that we aren't inviting the other two to?

Also, I resent you making me help you determine the word "discord" for this post. Don't think I don't remember that!

Strawboat said...

sowing seeds of dissent is one of my favorite hobbies. Gives life a nice spectrum. I guess it shouldn't be one of my favorites though...

Mean Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mean Mommy said...

(Sorry...apparently I used HTML tags to denote changed names the first time...)

The other conversation, just for Funsies (edited to change names and remove side notes from another conversation):

me: We're helping [You] with her resume right now.

Martin: ... Also, she didn't ask me for help with her resume.
What's that about?

me: Well, I think maybe she doesn't want a crappy government job like you got, obviously.
I worked for the newspaper. Way cooler.
...
It is too a job. And requires lots of skill.
You try dealing with underlings who are constantly trying to undermine you.

Martin: What?
I said you didn't need your resume for it.
Not that having kids isn't a job

me: "You: [Martin] says having kids isn't a job
and requires no skill"

Martin: Also, weren't you like an admin at the newspaper?

me: Yes. Yes, I was.

Martin: I'm pretty sure I would have treated you like an admin.

me: :|
I'm pretty sure I would have constantly worked to undermine you.

Martin: Yeah. But I would know I was superior. So I wouldn't mind.

me: Right.
Until I sabotaged your spreadsheets and password locked you out.

Martin: I'm not your old boss. I can figure out those.

me: Also, I only took the job because it was more accounting than admining. When the new guy came in and wanted me to be all admin...I was really glad I was quitting.

Martin: :)
I'm just giving you a hard time.

me: I know.
Stupid [new guy] gave me a complex.

bonbon said...

HAHAHAHA! This is hilarious. I love sister battles.