Friday, April 16, 2010

Awesome, part 2


In other news, Martin bought some new furniture recently. We needed to move the old couch out of the way before the new stuff got delivered, so we decided it should go in the library (as I am pretentiously calling the upstairs loft area). When I realized this would entail carrying a couch UPSTAIRS, I was trying to think of who I could call to help me.

I would like to point out that Martin is a featherweight. Like, a complete pansy. As she would say, "I have muscles, they're just not very big." So having her help me was kind of out of the question. I figured I'd have time to come up with something before the delivery date, which wasn't going to be for a while.

But. Yesterday the store called us and told us our new furniture had come in early, and could they deliver it that night? Eek!

But you know who's awesome? Martin! We totally carried a couch. Upstairs. By ourselves!

Awesome.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Who's having fun without who now? Couch-carrying traitor. (That's like card-carrying, but worse.)

Martin said...

I would like it noted that the majority of the weight of that couch was on me, while Holly just steered it in the right direction. I'm freakishly strong.

Also, Holly is having lots of fun living with me. As long as she finishes her chores first. Did you finish building my library yet?

Mean Mommy said...

I absolutely do not believe it. I'm pretty sure you pushed that couch up the stairs yourself. Maybe Humphry pitched in.