Thursday, April 29, 2010

Eye of the Beholder.

I think my eyes have changed color.

I had an assignment in high school to write a descriptive essay about my eyeball. Not about the shape, the lashes, or the lid, but just the literal, actual eyeball. I remember it being a pretty hard assignment for me at the time, but it did give me an occasion to study my eyes pretty closely.

This is what I remember describing in great detail:



But now my eyes seem significantly less... brown. More like this:



What is that? Is that even possible? Do people's eyes just up and change color? What do you even call that color? Brownish-green? Hazel? I refuse to except that. I have brown eyes! MY EYES ARE BROWN! Nobody writes songs about their Ambiguously-Colored Eyed Girl.

Let's just hope this is a bad eye week and things will be back to normal soon. Because I don't think I can handle this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girls with hazel eyes are hot.

Mean Mommy said...

Eyes totally do change color. Sarah's go back and forth between blue and hazel. What were you wearing at the time. Sometimes that makes a difference.

Rachel Helps said...

you make me laugh and I love your paint pictures

Strawboat said...

I might just steal this idea and write about my eye. But not today...soon. :)