Saturday, April 14, 2007

My Ninety-third Post

I’ve spent the last week or so being very, very stressed about a final paper for my favorite (and most challenging) class from this semester. I sort of finished it last Tuesday, and then I had to redo a lot of stuff with it on Thursday. Sometime next week I’ll probably get really stressed about it again before I finally turn it in to my teacher next Friday.

It’s like the paper that never ends!

Anyway. I’ve been staying up way too late the last couple of nights. And, since I haven’t had a lot of free time for food and such, I’ve been living mainly off a package of Oreos I foolishly bought earlier this week.

I’m pretty sure this is not a good strategy for remaining healthy.

Also, I work two jobs. Job #1 is one where I have set hours when I come in every week. Job #2 is one where they schedule me when they need me. I’m not scheduled very much at job #2 because I told them not to.

This week, I switched several shifts (at job #1) with Drazi, my coworker of some renown. It worked out better for each of us scheduling-wise, so I’m really glad we did it. But. Drazi’s shift is longer than my usual one and a lot more taxing on my energy. It was really fun, but maybe not the best timing what with end of the semester stress.

Also, job #2 has started getting busier with the approach of the end of the semester. So I have been working a lot more than usual there too. I really do like working at job #2, but it has its own accompanying stress factors too.

I worked over 9 ½ hours yesterday. And then I came home and just wanted to go to sleep. So I intended to. But instead I watched Oh Brother, Where Are Thou? And then I was going to go to sleep. But instead L’Afro came over and I sort of tagged along with her and krebscout on several adventuresome projects. At about 3am, I fell asleep on the couch while they where chatting like little old biddies. (I think they were there until almost 5am last night... er... this morning.) Then I woke up at about 7am and staggered back to my room to sleep for another hour or two before waking up and cleaning for cleaning checks.

I think I’m surprisingly happy despite all of this. That may have something to do with the fact that there was lemon cake when I woke up this morning. Mmmm…

P.S. The reason I was going to blog was to talk about time warps and alligator cakes. Since I didn’t actually mention either of those things, I will instead just dedicate this post to them.

For all of those time warps and alligator cakes out there, this one’s for you.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I happen to be both a time warp and an alligator cake. Thanks.

Heather said...

That's L'Afro? That's L'Afro!!!!