Thursday, March 01, 2007

My Seventy-ninth post

So, thanks to Yellow, I’ve just found out that the hard drive on my computer is pretty much dying/dead. This means I had to call my father last night. Here is a sample of how the conversation went:

Me: My laptop is dead.
Dad: I’ll take a look at it.
Me: No, Dad, it’s dead.
Dad: Mom can get it while she’s up there next month.
Me: Okay, but it’s still going to be dead.
Dad: I’ll take a look at it.


A little bit later…

Dad: Do you have a docking station up there with you?
Me: No Dad, I don’t really have the room for it.
Dad: Well, I’m sure you could find room.
Me: No, Dad. I don’t have room for one, and I don’t want one.
Dad: Well why didn’t you say that in the first place? Why don’t you want one?
Me: I just like my laptop, it’s much simpler.
Dad: I thought your laptop was dead.
Me: It is.
Dad: So why don’t you want a docking station?
Me: that doesn’t make sense. And I don’t want one because I don’t.
Dad: Okay, well, if you’re not going to be logical.
Me: Yes, Dad, I’m illogical.
Dad: What are you saying?
Me: You know what I’m saying. So what am I going to do about my computer?
Dad: Do you have an extra monitor up there with you?
Me: No, Dad, why would I have an extra monitor?
Dad: Well, I know we talked about getting you a docking station when you moved up there, so maybe you had a monitor to use with it.
Me: Yes, we talked about it and I said I didn’t want a docking station and that I didn’t have room for it. So why would I have an extra monitor lying around?
Dad: Well, it was just a question.


Anyway, I’m being a little facetious. My dad is really awesome--he’s sending me a different hard drive. It’s actually the hard drive out of my brother’s computer which is my laptop’s twin. Since the display doesn’t work on it, my brother can’t use it. (Well, actually, he can since he has a docking station, but he’s using a different computer now anyway.) Also, in case that doesn’t work, he’s also sending me a pretty old, low-tech laptop that he doesn’t use anymore. I suppose that will get me through the rest of the semester.

So I’m probably looking into getting a new laptop this summer. I am not at all excited about this prospect:

Spending lots of money + having no idea what I’m looking for = bad experience.

Anybody wanna help?

3 comments:

BJ Homer said...

Pick me! Pick me!

Thirdmango said...

I have a moniter lying around. :)

Scarlet Flamingo said...

Wow, it's like two twins where one is massively crushed so they put his brain in the other twin that has a healthy body, but is brain dead...

or something.