Monday, March 05, 2007

My Eightieth Post

I haven't been blogging as much lately because of my computer woes. So instead of getting what probably would have been 4 separate entries, I will just give you the highlights in one hefty super-entry. Enjoy.

Box

There was this box, and I wanted it to take up less space. But it was made of really thick waxy cardboard, and I couldn't just rip it up or collapse it. So I decided to crush it by jumping on it. I set it down in front of me, and then I jumped on it. And then my entire body proceeded to tell me how stupid I was. See, the box didn't cooperate as well as I was expecting. Instead of staying put, it slid out from underneath my feet, and I fell back onto the very hard floor. Now I have a really awful headache and some rather unpleasant bruises. Stupid box. Grumble, grumble, grumble.


Hands

Cold hand contests are stupid. For those of you who are uninformed (as I was until recently), the basic idea is that you stick your hand out the window of a car, and it gets really cold, and then it gets really really cold, and whoever leaves their hand out the longest wins. You may ask: why would anyone do this stupid thing? The answer is that people are stupid. I was introduced to this "game" by Genuine last Saturday. But I must admit, Genuine beat me fair and square. Even if it is a stupid game.


Sleep

I slept forever yesterday. And by "forever," I mean I slept for 13 of the 24 hours that comprised the day. It was awful. A two hour nap is refreshing. A six hour "nap" is depressing. Especially since it totally messed up my sleep schedule and I woke up at 5am this morning for no reason at all. Yech.


Sausage

I made sausages last week. That's right: sausages. I started with ground pork, various spices, and intestinal casing (that's right: intestinal casing), and I ended up with sausage links. It was not a pleasant process, but I must admit that I'm glad I did it. Now whenever anyone brings up the mysterious process that is sausage making, I can proudly proclaim that I know first hand how sausages are made, because I've done it. I wish I had one of those 'life goals' lists, and I wish 'make sausages' was on it. Because then I could check it off. Bravo.


Also, you should all come to the Mafia Party that krebscout and I are throwing this Saturday. See here for details. It will be awesome.

2 comments:

Genuine Draft said...

A cold hand contest in Utah in March was the stupidest idea I've ever had. I'll probably never play the clarinet again after that.

Mean Mommy said...

You made sausages?! You're pretty awesome. Where does one go about purchasing intestinal casing?