Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Eighty-fourth Post

As you can see, I have added a Harry Potter countdown clock to my blog. This is because I like Harry Potter. Not the movies so much, but I get really into the books. When the sixth book came out, I sequestered myself in my room with a box of Wheat Thins and some Red Vines until I had finished reading it. I don't know what I will do this summer, as it is likely I will be in the middle of nowhere sleeping in a tent when book seven comes out. I may end up making a midnight drive with my sister to the closest Wal-Mart to buy it. And then we may stay up all night in the car reading aloud with the dome light on. And we may accidentally run the battery down so far that the car won't start the next morning. So we'll end up stranded in the wilderness for a few weeks. And we'll run out of food after a while, and we'll have to cast lots to decide who to eat first. But at least we'll know what happens to Harry in the end. And that’s the important part.

Also, I have decided that retirement makes absolutely no sense. I mean—you work hard your whole life, and then suddenly at the age of 60 you just… stop? And take up needlework or some such nonsense? Yech. No, thank you.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Your entry:
I always get more into the books than I expect to... I dunno why.

Your comment:
Yeah, I found it by accident, really. And I probably should not have linked it, but oh, well.... *wink*
See, I have my own special way of searching the archives, and while looking for something else, I found a post on the alumni blog and kept reading, and there was my 'nym near the bottom of the page! It was exciting. *grin*

~K

BJ Homer said...

And... you'll be in the middle of the wilderness... why?

Heather said...

Your comment:
I'm pretty sure it's the coolest information I know.

Scarlet Flamingo said...

We should be J Dawg friends too!

ahem. said...

My family goes camping near the Grand Canyon every summer around Pioneer Day. Thus, I will be in the wilderness.