Sunday, March 25, 2007

My Eighty-sixth Post

Two thoughts for the day, one of which is much happier than the other. I'm sure you can figure out which is which.

I was in the middle of saying something to somebody today when he turned around and started talking to somebody else. And it wasn’t just a brief interruption to quickly wave to a friend, or deliver important information. He left me just standing there with my mouth agape trying to decide whether to finish my sentence or not. So I left--just walked away. I don’t think he even noticed. Hmph.

~*~

There is a magical quality about doing something with a large group of people. Nobody knows everybody, but it doesn’t matter. You become great friends with everyone--just for a few hours, at least. And it’s a lovely feeling. I hope I have the opportunity to experience it more often.

No comments: