Monday, February 04, 2008

My One-hundred-and-forty-third Post

So Hamburger and I have been looking at apartments for this summer. And I think I'm in love. We found this place that has huge bedrooms, two bathrooms (for 4 girls), a washer and drier in the apartment, a roomy living room, and--the biggest selling point--a MAGNIFICENT kitchen. I really want to live here. Even if I can only afford to do it for the summer and have to find some crappy cheap place again next fall.

Also, I totally achieved a goal of mine yesterday. That goal was entitled "Taking Back Sunday." My Sundays have recently become cluttered with meetings, rehearsals, appointments, social engagements, and a myriad of other time-sucking activities. Well, yesterday, I was able to do things that I wanted to do and actually rest from the rest of my week. My one meeting was before church, so I was able to come home after church and just relax. I finished my book. I took a nap. I made scalloped potatoes and Italian chicken. It was wonderful.

But somehow, I don't think I can justify doing that every week. There are too many other important things to do, and Sunday is just a good time to do them. It sure was nice, though.

2 comments:

Mean Mommy said...

Washer and Dryer in the apartment...totally worth it.

Hey...I made Italian chicken yesterday too!

Yay for restful days of rest!

Ben said...

Way to take back Sunday!