Thursday, February 14, 2008

My One-hundred-and-forty-fifth Post




What’s wrong with the world (Installment 3): Class Participation Points


I feel like I haven’t had an original thought in ages.

Unfortunately, most of my professors have stipulations about the need to participate in class discussions.

So I find myself grasping at straws, trying to contribute some scrap of intelligent thought … but usually settling for rephrasing something we’ve already talked about.
If they would just not stipulate that participation is MANDATORY, I could relax and actually learn from others who have something valid to say...
...instead of worrying about coming up with something that sounds smart, despite not actually making sense.
And that is why class participation points are ruining the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like these illustrations. Also, the girl looks like you.