Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My Twenty-ninth Post

I hate bees, wasps, yellow jackets, and any other bug-type thing that might fly in through my window with the intent to flit around all over my things, causing me to hide in the closet until it flies back outside.

I feel bad. I was mean to someone last night. I admit that I think rude things about people all of the time, but I seldom actually let the person know. Last night I did.

I work with this girl who is... frustrating. If I ask her to do something, she tends to ask a million questions (even though she's done the task a million times before) until I just give in and do it for her.

Anyway, last night, I asked her to do something pretty simple. After I explained to her several times what she needed to do, and receiving only a blank stare in return, I rolled my eyes and started to do it myself. She sat there and watched me do it (instead of, you know, helping), and once I was finished she offered an insincere apology. Now normally, I will usually completely dismiss such an apology, telling people that it's not a big deal, and it's not their fault. But what did I do instead? I rolled my eyes again and stomped off. I'm such a jerk! I can't believe I did that! And the thing is, I don't even really feel that bad because she showed absolutely no emotional reaction to my insulting behavior. If she doesn't know I was being mean, why should I feel bad about it?

*Sigh.*

This is going to be a long summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you didn't scream at her, though it might have helped more...