Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Thirtieth Post

It is summer. That means it tends to be hot, and it costs money to run the a/c. I like to leave the windows open at night to allow the cool night air to counteract the stuffiness of my apartment. Apparently, a lot of other people had the same idea. I’ve been up since about 6am, and I have been listening to the strangest symphony. Or maybe cacophony is a better word for it. See, because everyone’s windows are open, I can hear the alarm clocks going off fairly clearly from where I sit in my bedroom. 7:30 just rolled around, and I think I counted five distinct alarms going off almost simultaneously. I keep thinking about how each of those alarms represents another individual’s life, and wondering what they’re doing now to start their day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, well, if they're like me, they're rolling over and falling back asleep ^_^ Also, cacophony is an awesome word.