Monday, March 22, 2010

Some postman is gonna cry.


I have lived in seven different dwellings here in Provo. In that time, I have seen a lot of misdirected mail. I am always most surprised when bank statements or other official looking mail comes for people who moved years ago. If it looks especially important, I'll mark 'Moved' on it and send it back, but otherwise I'll just trash it. That's probably illegal or something, but I really don't have time to deal with all of the catalogs and insurance advertisements that end up in my mail box.

I have never wanted my personal information hanging out on somebody's coffee table, so in most cases I have always used my parent's address and opted for online notifications where ever possible. I think it's worked pretty well (although for all I know there could be a trail of junk mail with my name on it all across Provo).

Since I feel like my move to Arizona (at the end of this week!) will be pretty permanent, I have been actually updating my address at my bank, on my license and a few other places. This makes me feel very grown up.

I am also now an organ donor. All I had to do was check a box. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but all I had to do was check a box, and I couldn't not do it. So there it is.

I feel like "ADULT" is now stamped in red letters across my forehead. Except in a non-XXX sort of way.

3 comments:

Mean Mommy said...

Aww, all grown up. I expect you to now go save China.

bonbon said...

You started titling your entries instead of just numbering them. It kind of through me off for a second. Also, you are MOVING AT THE END OF THE WEEK?!?!?!?! Are you not in school this semester? And more importantly, can I see you before you go?

Martin said...

I win, Utah!! Holly likes me better than you!

I feel so honored that your move here is permanent enough for you to change your addresses. Even if I did push you into it. Are you making sure to put the first line as "Cupboard Under the Stairs"?