Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My One-hundred-and-fifty-third Post

I too have caught the gardening bug. This is probably because I made the mistake of accompanying Uffish on a midnight WalMarket run to obtain very important items such as "milk" and "hose." The hose search lead us back into the gardening area, and I decided I needed more green in my life. Unfortunately, I have a bit of a black thumb when it comes to growing things, so I was really hoping for something already alive that I could kill off by the end of the summer. But while we were attempting to drag Uffish away from the seeds (I think she ended up buying 6 more kinds of seeds and a tomato plant in addition to all the stuff she already has), I noticed a small packet of mint seeds. Herbs could be fun, and they are supposedly fairly easy to work with! So I got mint, sweet basil, and parsley seeds. I also got a cute little pot to grow them in. I have decided to call them Minnie, Bailey, and Pops. Maybe I should have postponed naming them, because it will be very sad if they don't grow at all.


Also, I went to The Sconecutter this morning to... um... buy scones. It has a surprisingly diverse menu including scones, scone breakfast sandwiches, scone sandwiches, sconenuts (like donuts, but with scones), dessert scones, and curly fries. Its drive-thru is open 24-hrs, so if you're hankering for some good ol' fashioned fried dough, give 'em a try any time of day. Also, the scones are huge, so unless you have at least 3 people, do not order the 6 pack of scones.

1 comment:

Mean Mommy said...

Good choices on the herbs. Fairly easy to grow...fairly easy to use. Thyme is all pretty and stuff, but I always feel like I'm eating sticks when I try to use it fresh.

What kind of parsley? The Italian flat kind or the fancy curly kind?

I like their names. Long live Minnie, Bailey, and Pops!