Monday, November 15, 2010

Bits and Pieces


  • I do not have a job at this time. I had a second interview for a job last Friday, but they have not called me back. This is disappointing because getting to the interview was super stressful and I kind of feel like the universe owes me.
  • Last Thursday my eldest sister came up with her four kids and spent the day with us. Saturday, two other nieces came up and spent some time here too. I think that every doorknob and light switch in the house is sticky at this point.
  • Martin bought a table a while ago, but it was on back order and finally came in a few days ago. So we pulled all the seats out of my car and brought it home to assemble. And now I can't get the seats back into my car because it is too hard. Also massive cardboard boxes and various other packing materials have taken over the kitchen and dining room.
  • I finally got stuff hung on the walls in my room. I also rearranged my furniture a while ago, and my room is officially awesome now. Humphry sleeps in there all the time, and Martin even comes in to watch movies sometimes.
  • Martin bought a little wooden Christmas countdown thing with two numbered cubes that you can move around each day. But the blocks are really only designed to display numbers 1-25, and there are currently 39 days left. So I turned the '8' block on its side so it looks like the infinity symbol. I think it is bumming Martin out.

3 comments:

Martin said...

Getting to that interview was stressful. You should buy a new car like I did.

And we really should wipe off those doorhandles. You know, when I am not feeling lazy.

I think the van will be more awesome without seats anyway. We should throw those away. Dad won't mind, right?

Your room is awesome. You are welcome for telling you where to put stuff. Although, I do wish I could watch a movie in there other than Star Trek sometimes.

And, yes, that does make me sad. I can't put up Christmas decorations if Christmas is still infinity away.

bonbon said...

Hi. I love your posts. Always. They are so original and fun.

Sorry about the job :( Hang in there.

Mean Mommy said...

Is that the same interview where you called me to look up the address on craig's list and mapquest it for you? You should totally get that job. Calling people is hard.

Nothing wrong with that.

You should fill the back of the van with electronics equipment and we could play spies.

Don't let 'Martin' talk you out of your all Star Trek all the time rule.

My Christmas countdown blocks are officially functional now!