Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My One-hundred-and-forty-ninth Post

I took private voice lessons from my choir teacher in high school. At one of our first lessons, he was telling me that practice was important, and I should probably be doing formal vocal exercises every day. Then he said “Of course, I know I’m probably preaching to the choir.” Then there was a short pause, so I gravely nodded my head, indicating that I understood the importance of practice. Then we continued on with the lesson.

It wasn’t until a few weeks ago that I got that he was making a joke. He was my choir teacher. He was literally preaching to the choir. Ha!








And now, a Star Trek reference:



Data: I get it! "The clown can stay, but the Ferengi in the gorilla suit has to leave!" I get it!
Geordi: Data, what do you get?
Data: The Farpoint mission! You told a joke; that was the punchline!
Geordi: The Farpoint mission? Data, that was seven years ago.
Data: I know! I finally get it! Very funny!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've only seen one episode of Star Trek:TNG, and it's this one. And I've seen it like five times. It seems like any time someone is talking to me about Star Trek, they reference this episode.

Blows my mind.

Mean Mommy said...

I've seen every episode of TNG...but I liked that one.

Technically, you're not the choir all by yourself, are you? ;)