Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My One-hundred-and-forty-first Post

What’s wrong with the world (Installment 2): Cereal


Cereal is evil. Especially cheap cereal. Every once in a while, Smith's has a 8 for $8 sale on brand name cereal.

I enevitably end up participating in some way because, let's face it, good cereal is usually pretty expensive, so $1 is a great deal. Once in a while, Hamburger will go to the store together. She'll buy 4 boxes, and I'll get 4 boxes and we'll both be happy.
But most of the time, the evil cereal gods conspire against us and we'll end up going to the store seperately. We'll be so despreate for the diabolically cheap cereal, we'll end up with 8 boxes each.
Let me tell you something, there is not a whole lot of room in a small kitchen shared by 4 girls. So my massive amounts of cereal end up being stored in my closet.




Which means most of the stuff that's supposed to go in my closet ends up in other less logical places.
So, clearly, cereal makes my life less organized and the world would be better off without it.

And don't even get me started on the case lot sales.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

The story is funny enough, but those pictures make it priceless. That's fantastic.

Also, you keep that tuna away from me. devil fish.

Thirdmango said...

I have through the years begun my descent from that cereal mountain. I used to love all kinds, now the only one I eat is Wheaties. It's weird taking cereal away little by little. But it's nice too.

Mean Mommy said...

I make my point again. Anything that inspires such great art can't be all bad.

And I see nothing illogical about having...er, bikinis and neckties... on and under your bed.

I love that there are one million cans of tuna. Did you end up throwing out all that tuna to get the cans? Or did you eat a lot of it?

ahem. said...

I enjoy making the pictures.

There is a lot of tuna in ziploc bags in my freezer.

Joshua Baron said...

At work we sometimes present hypothetical questions to each other to spice up the conversation. Recently, the question was, "What would you eat for your last meal." I said, "Probably Raisin Bran" and everyone yelled at me.

I agree that you are a talented cartoonist. I've been trying to resist unauthorized internet usage at work today, but I finally caved. Thank you for leaving me an electronic cartoon treat.