Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My First Post

The other day at work, this guy I work with needed me to do something gross. It was totally part of my job, but that doesn't mean I couldn't give him a hard time about asking me to do it. Our conversation went a little something like this:

Co-worker: [gives me puppy dog eyes]
Me: "how can you ask me to do that? I don't think you even know my name."
Co-worker: "yes I do."
Me: "Uh-huh… what is it, then?"
Co-worker: "what other name do you need than beautiful?"
Me: "..." [Completely caught off-guard and speechless]
Me: "Okay, I’ll do it. Just a minute"

Honestly, after that, I would have done anything if that guy asked me to. It was just so sweet. Even though I know he was just teasing me to get me to do something, it still felt really good to be called beautiful by a complete stranger. That doesn't happen nearly often enough.

No comments: