Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My One-hundred-and-tenth Post

My grandma is really good at sending letters. One time she wrote me a letter thanking me for coming to visit her. The next day when I checked the mail, I found another letter from her, because she was afraid she had forgotten to actually thank me in the first letter. But I like getting mail a lot, and I like my grandma a lot, so the letters are a good thing. Not unexpectedly, my grandmother sent me a letter last week after I had been to see her (my mother was in town, so I actually had transportation to Salt Lake, where my grandparents live). Here's the first paragraph of the letter, which is just... well, you'll see...

A strange item showed up after you and your Mom were at our house last week. I asked your mom, but she did not think it belonged to her, so the only alternative we have is to return it to you. Enclosed you will find a shiny gold fake coin. It was behind the couch mixed up with the pink afghan which was also behind the couch.


Yes, folks, my grandmother sent me a shiny fake gold coin. I'm not exactly sure why she thought it had to be mine, as I don't think I've made a habit of leaving behind gold coins when I've visited her in the past.

I love the fact that the coin had gotten "mixed up" with the pink afghan behind the couch. Scandalous! That afghan is such a bad influence.

Anyway, now that you know the truth, you should all be jealous, because my grandma is awesome. And there ain't nothin' you girls can do about it.

2 comments:

Jimbles said...

"You girls?"

I feel either misrepresented or masculinity-insulted.

Mean Mommy said...

Hehehehehehe. Ah, Grandma.